Childline is a free 24-hour counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday in the United Kingdom provided by the NSPCC. Childline deals with any issue which causes distress or concern, common issues dealt with include child abuse, bullying, mental illness parental separation or divorce, pregnancy, substance misuse, neglect and psychological abuse.
Childline is yours - a free, private and confidential service where you can be you. Whatever your worry, whenever you need help, however you want to get in touch. They are there for you online, on the phone, anytime.
A childline counsellor:
- Will listen to you
- Knows it takes courage to contact us
- Is genuine, open and friendly
- Knows about the problems young people can face
- Wont judge you or put you down
- Isnt easily shocked
- Will let you take your time
6 Facts about Childline:
- They were started in1986 by Esther Rantzen
- They help any young person in the UK
- You can talk to them in English or Welsh
- They can help with anything - fro abuse and bullying to exam stress and relationships
- Calling Childline is free and doesnt show up on the phone bill
- In 2006 they joined the NSPCC to help even more young people
You can talk to them about anything. No problem is too big or too small.
Call them on 0800 1111 or get in touch online. However you choose to contact them, you're in control. It's confidential and you don't have to give your name if you don't want to.
OUR CONFIDENTIALITY PROMISE
Confidentiality means not telling anyone else about what you've said. So whatever you say will be just between you and Childline and you can feel safe talking to them, knowing that no one else will find out. But sometimes, if they are worried about your safety, they may need to get you help.