Keeping Our Community Safe During Covid-19
At Guilsborough C of E Primary School, things are a little different to how it is normally run due to Covid-19 restrictions and safety protocols. Please read below to see what we are doing to keep everyone safe in our community.
As we welcome all pupils back to school, we have carried out comprehensive risk assessments as part of our planning for a safe return. These are available on request, but we have summarised the key points below:
- Each classroom is its own ‘bubble’ and there is very little mixing of pupils or staff between these. You cannot enter a bubble or communal area of the school without permission from the Senior Leadership Team.
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- We have put in place enhanced hand sanitising facilities and guidance. This includes separate sink units for each bubble, and the hand gel dispensers at all external entry points and in all classrooms.
- We will provide tissues to all classrooms, along with lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision. We use chlorine-based and anti-viral cleaning products, and new cleaning procedures and protocols have been put in place, including a much-increased frequency of cleaning.
- Our year groups are returning in consistent groups to minimise mixing. These groups having dedicated classrooms and timings for outdoor spaces.
- All children are issued with their own equipment pots and will not share these. All equipment will be fully sanitised throughout the day.
- We are promoting social distancing wherever possible: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, and physical reminders such as barriers and line markings are in place to minimise inadvertent contact. This is enforced between bubbles.
- We have designated discrete, distinct year group drop off and pick up locations to avoid mixing at the beginning and end of each day.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school.
- We have put in place training for all staff and information session for all visitors who work at Guilsborough regarding COVID-19 measures
- Communal areas are only to be used for timetabled interventions. Social distancing measures are in place and must be adhered to including all staff areas. All used areas will be cleaned thoroughly after use.
- Children are not permitted to move around the school without adult supervision.
How Visitors Can Help Us:
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Using the hand-gel upon entry and exit of the school.
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
- Using tissues (or the crook of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from School if you are ill for any reason – and isolating for 14 days, in line with Government guidance, if necessary.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially as it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher via email firstname.lastname@example.org who will clarify anything for you.
Click here to access the Gallery Page and see the work that you completed over the Spring and Summer term 2020 at home or in our Key worker groups.
Click here to access our COVID safe Behaviour Rules