Guilsborough C of E Primary is committed to supporting every child to be physically active and have positive attitudes towards healthy and active lifestyles.
What is Sport Premium?
On the 16th March 2013 the government announced it would be investing £450 million over the three academic years (2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016) to support the delivery of P.E. and school sport in primary schools. Each primary school with more than 17 pupils, receive £8,000 with an additional sum of £5 per pupil. This money will be ring fenced providing schools with dedicated funds to buy in invaluable expertise and support.
Purpose of Funding:
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include;
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional sports clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/ sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
Click here to read our 2019-2020 PE action plan
2018-2019: £17, 420
Click here to read our 2018-2019 PE action plan
Click here to read our review of 2018-2019's action plan