Guilsborough C of E Primary is committed to supporting every child to be physically active and have positive attitudes towards healthy and active lifestyles.
What is Sport Premium?
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children, the funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of Funding:
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include;
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional sports clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/ sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
Click here to read our 2020-2021 PE action plan
Click here to read our 2019-2020 PE action plan
Click here to read our review of 2019-2020's action plan (No published swimming result in this review due to COVID pandemic)
2018-2019: £17, 420
Click here to read our 2018-2019 PE action plan
Click here to read our review of 2018-2019's action plan (published swimming result in this review)